Every few years I'll get a field mouse in the house. Pretty sure they sneak in through the double door in the basement when I'm moving the mowers in and out. One or two generally not a big deal but last year it clearly turned out to be one of each sex because it ended up being about 14 or 16 before it was done.

The most annoying part was the almost complete lack of help I got from the beagle and the three cats. Beagles are supposed to be good at flushing prey out in to the open and this one did kinda ok with that. Most of the time he missed it when the mouse went running for the other corner of the room. The cats clearly had figured out the main traffic route the mice were taking and that helped greatly with the trap placement later. They figured out early on that if they snagged one and brought it to me to play fetch with that I'd grab it and throw it back in the woods.

The best mouser in the bunch would legit catch one and then run the other way so I couldn't take her toy away from her. The other two mostly did catch and release. When I got tired of playing that game, the traps came out. Maybe next time I'll just cut back on the kibble so they take things more seriously.