After being lazy and then getting struck with any problem you could imagine with a transmission I hope to make mine go soon. All the parts are here and ready I just need to get it up on stands and put the trans back in, I am confident this time.

The trans problems were, converter snout broken, tore trans down put in new clutches and steels(first time) and put in A1 trans brake valve body and borrowed a converter.

Fired car up, reverse didn't work even with trans brake engaged, trans brake worked, and transmission leaked.

Put TA valve body back in, had reverse, had slow engaging high gear.

Tore trans down, changed high gear piston for one that wasn't drilled for the t brake, new pump bushing, new pump seal. Trans works great, high gear is rock solid, reverse works, but leaks like it doesn't have a trans pan.

New converter bushing, new seal, in a different pump assembly. LEAKS did this twice

Converter back from TA with A500 snout. After not doing enough research I took an A500 pump and put it together with a 904 reaction shaft. Didn't work totally my fault for not doing enough research.

So I bought an A500 style pump gear from A&A for a 904 pump, they were slow to ship it and I missed my install window, then this COVID-19 hit and the track closed anyways.

While I had things apart the converter I borrowed left a nice trail of fluid out the ENGINE SIDE of it while I had it laying on the garage floor for a few days. I cleaned it up with brake cleaner and left it sit on a clean metal tray and sure enough there was a nice puddle of trans fluid out of engine side of it the next morning. So I am confident that was my trans leak I couldn't find.

So the new pump is in the trans, the new converter doesn't leak out the back, and I just need to go put the trans back in.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340