Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by BTBelvedere
Originally Posted by W.I.N. racing
Rule of thumb has always been if you have a cage (any type) you need a window net. Even though a car may not require a cage, if it has one they will require you have a net no matter what the rule book says, in my experience anyway. Not a myth just what I've told by Tech officials at local tracks.

I had a similar experiance several years ago. The car only ran in the 12's.I bought a used bolt in rollbar. The guy kept the swing out side bar since that plate was welded to his floor. When I got dinged in tech without the side bar, I complained that a roll bar wasn't required at all at 12 seconds. He said " put it all in, or take it all out". I got a side bar before the next race.

Any idea what the logic is? Does a cage make the car unsafer that having a net restores that lost safety, or something at 12+sec?

It used to be if you put a cage in, you had to have the rest of the stuff, regardless how fast it was. Now it's just based on ET. You can have or use anything you want safety wise. At a certain performance break, you're required to have it.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.