Originally Posted by 6PakBee
I had one in a '77 Volare with the 318 that I bought brand new. The comment about being a PITA with deep rear end gears is correct. IIRC, the rear end was a 3.21 limited slip and you were in 1st gear only long enough to say you had been there. After I had about 40,000 miles on it, it developed a nasty trick of sticking in fourth gear if you hit it hard. Never did discover what was happening. Went through the shifter linkage adjustment and a side cover inspection but never discovered the cause. I really like the car though. If I was younger I'd probably be looking for a Roadrunner version.

I had a 77 Aspen RT with the 318 and the 833 OD. That car got beat on pretty well and the trans held up until it had 95,000 miles and then it got stuck in second or third gear. My dad took it into his machine shop at work and they corrected whatever was wrong with it without buying parts.
I recently had a guy tell me he had one in a 440 Challenger that would lift the left front tire and it lived in that application.

I've got one to put in my 73 Cuda and as long as I can live with the ratio spread I'll keep it. I can't afford a Passon or Magnum swap.