Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by Neil
No depth wheels on new cars drive me crazy. They look like they belong on a FWD car.

Drivetrain swaps are ok by me, but not the dash. The OD transmission is the biggest advantage the new drivetrains offer if you want to do long distance driving with.

Not sure why so many people out there think the old engines can't get it done anymore. A well thought out RB engine can make more power than you could ever hook up on the street. Too many guys let their old school + out of touch machine shop guy put together a super conservative 9:0 cr engine with a big cam and end up with a dud. I see it all the time at the track - cars with rebuilt engines that have headers, high rise intakes, nasty idle, ect and they run 14's, which is what the car ran when it was new.

Neil for the most part I totally agree with you but what some may be missing about this car is that it is not a back in the day Road Runner with a modern power plant but a 2017 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 392 with Road Runner BODY PANELS/SHEET METAL graphed onto the entire (exterior) Challenger chassis and driveline. Everything including the interior and original dash is 2017 Challenger R/T except the exterior sheet metal. In reverse I don't think you would end up with a better project or car if you took a 2017 Challenger R/T and put a '69 RR motor (383, Hemi or 440 6BBL), transmission, suspension, axle, brakes, interior, dash etc., in it. This is a 2017 Challenger R/T with '69 exterior sheet metal which is way better IMO than any resto-mod with an old chassis and modern power.

Ok, now I get it. Man, that is a lot of effort. I'd have gave up and just lived with the Challenger body parts, as much as I don't really dig them.