My front drums are a lot like yours rarefish but even more paint even on the cap that goes on the drum. Funny how the Diagram states no paint on the studs and were the rim would bolt flush on the Drum but that was not followed. Being a Auto Worker over time I bet the person on the job of painting took other jobs and that person did the same and on and on and no one showed the Diagram of the paint and the net worker just painted it all like on my Challenger. The only time I have had the drums off was when I put long studs on the front end because NHRA would ask me every weekend to pull a lug nut to see if they were long enough and rules were had to be like 1/2 inch outside the rim.. They could not see how long the stock stud was using the normal Super Trick Wheel Nuts that were closed. So I pulled the studs put the long ones on and used the Stud Nut with the holes in the end so I did not have to be bothered with pulling one nut when I went to the track. I will have to look around to see if I still have those studs and I believe I do from the 70s. Funny how running 9 seconds with no safety equipment back in the early 70s was OK but by the late 70s things sure changed from many an accident at the track.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY