Originally Posted by GODSCOUNTRY340
Originally Posted by jcc
Sorry, but something is missing with this story, like deceased's drug use?

Every concert in the 70's and early 80's had hundreds of pounds of dry ice visual stage effects, and NOBODY died.

Was it a breathing hazard, likely yes, but statistics are hard to argue with.

I say hoax. eyes

The people at the concerts had their heads usually 5 feet above the carbon dioxide and were still breathing mainly oxygen. The people in the pool most likely only had their heads above water and were breathing in the layer of mostly carbon dioxide, big difference.

Well, most of the concerts I witnessed had a 5'(?) high stage, and audience was at ground level, and the CO2 often rolled off the front of the stage into the audience, which was the desired effect. Indoor concerts, it has hardly anywhere to dissipate .

I have done pool/dry ice effects, the amount needed is surprisingly little, as little as 10? lbs, which if air was stagnant enough, and swimmers doing little to mix the air, yes, suffocation could result, but 3 deaths, when the first aid is only to remove them to fresher air, which is likely only inches higher, is hard to understand this outcome.

This IMO appears to be a PR cover up for drug use.

And to be clear, nobody is mainly breathing O2, at best, they are breathing 21% 02.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.