I've never been a fan of these inflexible workouts. I went from 140 to 220 with ten percent body fat, and NO steroids nor any supplements (creatine, etc.). Just by eating and working out with extremely good form and without missing workouts or cutting them short. Plain and simple. I never have liked pre-determined heavy days/light days either, because I might feel real strong and rested on my light day, and then weak and tired on a heavy day. I always believed in pushing my self to the maximum reps on every set, every workout. I never set a number of reps per set either. My belief is why say I'm going to do three sets of eight if I can squeeze out nine on the first set?! If I have more in me, I'm doing more. I have a minimum as a goal and push like hell to try and get that. It's a weight that I usually can get somewhere between 6 and 8 reps. Occasionally I may and try and get a max for my ego I guess. Generally, two to three days rest works per muscle group works best for me.

My belief is that there really aren't any special workouts or tricks. Good nutrition, hard work, and consistency will almost always pay off. Good form will allow you to have the consistency in that you don't get injured. This has always worked for me, and I've watched it work for many around me, and I've watched many that didn't practice these things fail. Usually, it's a back injury first. Next is a Shoulder, knee or elbow pain. It seems to never fail with poor form. And I do realize cardio is important too. But I keep my mouth shut in gym. I'm there to get a workout done, not socialize. Unless I'm asked for help, I'm silent. I probably seem rude to some. Too bad. I always help or spot if asked.

Facts are stubborn things.