Originally Posted by jerseybud
4 options:
1. leaking thru the seam sealer where the a pillar meets the roof, down the a pillar and out the seam just inside of the door switch
the wetness is underneath the dash, wayyyy forward of the door switch. in the very corner where the firewall meets the side panel (I thought that whole kickpanel area was considered part of the A pillar)

2. corner of the cowl where the cowl cracks. major seam there that never was sealed very well until the 88 up trucks and even then it cracked.

where exactly does this crack happen? How accessible would it be to MIG weld, maybe add a plate to bridge the crack? (I assume its out of sight where such a repair would not be seen when truck is all together?)

3. that vent you mentioned because the factory used open cell foam that degrades rapidly and doesnt seal against water.

the vent area itself is bone dry, green water stain is at very corner where side (A pillar?) meets floor pan on top of seam sealer. the wetness is further forward of the opening for the vent. "all the way back" (furthest forward to the truck, but "back" as far as can be reached and seen under the dash) just in the VERY corner...

4. firewall seam, which is magnified if the cowl cavern where the wiper assembly is is full of leaves.

OK I'll check that this weekend and see if it is full of leaves.... can I blow from the vent area inside the truck with an air hose and "blow" it out once the cowl panel under the wipers is removed?
Its been a while since I've been in that part of a D/W truck.... I remember one of my F bodies (Aspen/volare) being REAL plugged up in this area when I got it years ago)