Originally Posted by CMcAllister
A racetrack is a business, it's not a damn charity or community playground. The people operating these tracks could be doing things with their money that makes a lot more sense. Most people have no clue what it takes. And they think track promoters are making big money. Some of you need to do a Stocker or a Super Gas car and go NHRA racing if you think your local track is taking advantage of you. Or load up, hit the road and chase the big money races.

I swear some of you need to sell that money pit, go buy a hot rod and some lawn chairs and go sit in a parking lot on Saturday nights listening to '50s music.

Hey, I'm with you on this one. I think what Mason-Dixon's offering is a pretty good deal compared to what most tracks in this area are offering(some won't even commit to a written payout with a realistic expected field)
Yes, the entry is higher than most, but the payout more than makes up for it......that. and actually getting paid what was posted has never been a problem at Mason-Dixon as far as I've ever known.....can't say the same thing about another nearby track.

'86 Maple Grove KOS Mopar low qualifier......true street legal with no power adders.

NOS-used when losing since 1940.