Regarding the dust shields, although I've made my conversion already to the 11.75" larger rotors (and found a set of the correct pin-style caliper brackets for my pin-type calipers, I did not install the dust shields -- evidently they are different for the later A-body spindles that I put on. BUT, as I've been observing, the grease from, in particular, the upper ball joint (in the upper control arm) appears to be leaking... I used a synthetic grease... probably the reason they are leaking. My concern is that the synthetic grease will leak more and eventually make contact with the rotor and... the cause loss of brakes!

So, I'm planning to get a pair of the later style A-body dust shields and install them... as a hopeful protector of the possible ball joint leaking grease from making any contact with the rotor/disc.

I also want to adapt some kind of brake cooling duct attached to the spindle and/or the dust shield.

At this time, my car is still on jack stands.. finishing up the installed new engine, etc... should be running in April, then driving in May this year... then at track events June-July-August... etc and some car shows as well!

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!