When I was considering moving the rear end further back in my Dart in order to accommodate a larger tire, I did a lot of measuring to see if there would be any issues with gas tank clearance. I put a Dana in the car (was a 7 1/4 originally) and took measurements from my other Dart which has an 8 3/4. I took into consideration the size difference between the Dana and 8 3/4 center sections, the amount the rear was moved back (1 1/2") and the amount of clearance between the 8 3/4 and the gas tank in my other Dart. Based on all that, I thought there would be enough clearance between the gas tank and the Dana after moving it back. As it turns out, I found out yesterday when attempting to install the tank that there was no way it was going to fit up in there. So now I need to either get a custom gas tank made or somehow have my existing (new) tank modified. What I would like to know is, is it possible to have a section cut out of the tank to provide the clearance with the rear end or would I be better off having a tank made? If anyone here has encountered a similar situation I would like to hear how you handled it. BTW, I do not want to use a fuel cell.