Originally Posted by hulmule
So while im doing this wander if I should do the dutch panel seams. I know it wont look original but im looking for practical. Thank you for all the input. I sure do need a lot for restoring this cuda. May use lead in the door and other spots.

Why not; convertibles had them filled as a necessity. Smaller area you can use the home type propane torch. Cheaper, easier to handle than Acet. torch. Practice on scrap with the propane, then move on to Acet foe larger areas. Use a nozzle that has a "softer" wide-broad flame. Stay away from using any Air-Powered sanders and such when "grinding-sanding " lead: it will make it Really Air Born. Vixen files & Hand sanders typically just let the heavy lead chips fall to floor & easy to sweep up.. But always wear some form of decent mask, gloves, long sleeve shirt, etc. You really don't need a Full-Blown-HazMat setup.

Practice on horizontal metal first, to get the "hang" of applying-spreading the lead. Then maybe some angled. Vertical is the tricky one to manage. Don't be alarmed if "globs" fall onto the floor. Have plenty of lead handy. As with welding: you really can't learn it by watching videos.
Go To It.