Originally Posted by moparmarks
Originally Posted by burdar
DMT(Detroit Muscle Technologies) made a post about a trunk divider awhile ago. He had a customer complain about the fit. It might have been on a B-body. DMT stated that in all the years he's sold them, this was the first complaint. He should see this post. Maybe this is the same issue his customer was trying to convey to him? Maybe he would be interested in making a correct one?

That was for an E body.
OP must have the sound insulation package.

Like moparmarks said, thats sound insulation. That odd tar paper stuff used on many cars in the 60's and 70's isn't available without a time machine. I've seen it in others cars, mostly Fords, in junkyards. Most people just duplicate the functionality with Dynamat or similar instead of that nasty old stuff.

What was the old trunk divder from in the last picture? Was that also in the car along with the sound deadener tar paper stuff?

PS The reproduction one you show (even though unfortunately its an REM piece) is whats found in the vast majority of the 71-4 B bodies. In 13 years I've never had someone ask for the tar paper stuff. So it's not like the black cardboard one (like the OEM one you show in your last picture) is some substandard fitting piece that the reproduction market is putting out.

PPS And as far as the guy with the E body trunk divider fitment issue..... how could my trunk divider, that I copied from multiple OEM pieces (I NEVER duplicate anything from one sample), test fit in my own Challenger, sold 1000+ and never a complaint but one guy says it doesnt fit even though you can see a spray bomb interior paint job with house caulk body seams and the fit issue is on me? smile

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets