Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
Remember the direct connection kit that was the taller rotor, a spacer plate, and couple gaskets....to piece together your own HV pump from a stocker? The kit wasn’t that much cheaper than a whole new HV pump.

I bought one of those in 1978. It is still running today. The spacer is 1/4". The stock pump rotor is 1" tall, the HV one is 1-1/4".
I had the engine apart last year and I replaced the gaskets and o-rings. The gasket set only comes with one of the large o-rings and I could not find any place selling just the large o-ring for the chrysler pump. I went to a local hydraulic rebuilder and they were able to get me one.

Edit:

The kit also came with the heavier releif spring IIRC. At that time I was using Valvoline racing 40 W oil. On a cold start, it would peg my 100 lb. mechanical oil gauge. It ran around 80 lb. hot above 2000 rpm, and idled at 60. I am now using VR-1 10-30 racing oil. It is 80 lb. cold and runs at 60 lb, ildles at 30 lb.

Last edited by randavis; 02/19/20 12:35 PM.

74 Challenger, bought it new. In 1978 I replaced the original 318 with a 446 and 727. Mild cam, Jardine headers, and Holley Sniper EFI.
New engine! 511" RB, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, Eagle rotating assy, Comp hyd roller cam, Doug's 2" headers.