I follow all that. I would also state the difference between the cardone spring at 45lbf versus 175 is very significant. Granted tighter coils on these secondary springs, but the thickness is not as great as other springs that are in the 35 to 45 lbf range on fuel pumps, let alone a valve spring at 175lbf. I guess I would have to go back to some of my physic course to calculate the maximum force the weight could apply at 3000rpm as an example. Just seems that rate was too high, but I understand what your doing.

As a note, the one picture shows the slot welded up on the inside (closest to shaft), I assume to limit total advance of that 15degree cam stop to something more in the 10 to 12 range. Some have told me it does not matter whether it is welded inside or outside. Which is true as far as total advance is concerned. But it does make a difference on the spring preload. The inside weld puts a preload from the smaller spring which means initial advance as you raise RPM is delayed by that force. That may be what you want if you are heavy on Initial. But is seems to me, it is better to weld up on the outside to limit total advance, while letting the spring combo do its thing.