Yes, the drive by wire throttles are not sensitive enough stock, but I'm sure that can be tweaked significantly with a tuning software. I believe the gas pedal to throttle blade ratio (sensitivity) can be altered to suit desired response. A cable operated unit could be adapted, but would take a little effort. As for brakes, I haven't noticed any issues with modern cars at the track.

The last several years or so, I've rented a Challenger R/T, Chevy SS Camaro, Mustang GT, and taken them all to the track for a day of racing. I went six or seven rounds to lose in the trophy final at a local track in Lapeer, MI. Myself and the other racers couldn't believe how well the Camaro's heads up display and paddle shifters complimented each other for consistent mid 13 ET slips. The Challenger was rented in Tucson AZ and taken to Wild Horse Pass for two days. It ran low 14s with high 13s as a best, but I couldn't get it dialed correctly, but I also didn't put a lot of effort into getting it dialed in, just had fun with it. The Challenger was easily the most comfortable and fun car to drive. I'm window shopping for an older one to drive after our snow and winter garbage is gone.

I think the 1320 cars are cool too, but certainly beyond my price point. I'm liking the idea of a 2011-2012 ish R/T for around 14-15K as it won't break the bank. If a 5 speed auto R/T can handle 9 inch slicks, maybe it could run good numbers and go a few rounds. I need to look into this and see if the trans and rear end pieces can take this. Shouldn't be too bad on parts foot braking and at 375 fly wheel HP numbers. A same year 392 car would have more power and stronger parts, but the prices go up another 5k or more for high mileage examples. Also, the 392 has much more potential with tuning and bolt-on parts. This actually makes the most sense...

Last edited by moparmitch; 01/24/20 07:32 PM.