Originally Posted by stumpy
Looks real good and sounds like you covered everything needed. Way to go. up

The parts director at that store is a close friend of mine. We go back to 1986 and still chat on a regular basis. We used to race each other back in our high school days.

On one of our phone calls he was sport b!tching about the situation and I told him I could fix it. biggrin

Anyway, he and I took the tug for a drive around the lot. The steep gearing means 1st tops at a walking speed. Second will get you up to a slow jog. Topping out third gear gets you screaming along at 16 mph.

He drove the beast down into the body shop and turned around to take it up the ramp. About 1/3 of the way up he lifted his feet and the tug was slowly climbing the ramp at an idle.

That's when he whacked it.

Smashing the throttle to the floor the tug jumped quicker than any 9600 lb beast has the right to do and nearly lifted the front wheels off the ramp. it has leaf spring suspension but no shocks. I was VERY happy I had installed seat belts. After the giggling subsided we agreed that the tug made enough noise that you could hear if someone was abusing it.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon