Originally Posted by fal3
I've a '67 GTX and have noticed that some small parts are hard to obtain via local auto parts stores. For example, I had a hard time finding seals for my brake rotors; rear wheel cylinders; several years ago it was getting a new P/S pump. Distributor caps and rotors have to be "ordered". Bulbs for the various lights. There are other parts, but I wanted to keep the list short for the readers. So, I've been stockpiling these items purchasing from Rock Auto. Have you guys had similar experiences? What are some other parts I need to stockpile? I understand the market for classic car parts is shrinking, and manufacturers are cutting back production for business purposes. But because of the extensive amount of expertise on this board, I believe some of you guys know more about the whole supply/demand thing. Is this a legit concern? Or do the local parts guys in my area suck?

I've stockpiled stuff for years,haven't used more than 15%,now I'm dumping anything I don't have Immediate need for.As an example,I had three N.O.S. sixpack filters in Mopar boxes since I finished my bird in 1992,kept them 25 yrs because I figured I may need them,well,guess what,they are gone because the one in the car now is as nice as it was when I put it in back in 92 ! Same with these,62 300 H dual quad filters,had the since 97,they are going also.

P4130689.JPG