Originally Posted by poorboy

Years ago, the last time I took a heater core to a radiator shop, all they wanted to do was order a new one. According to them, their success rate at repairing old heater cores wasn't very high. This was an experienced radiator shop. There is no longer any radiator shop withing 40 miles of here, that I know of. I would be interested to know how much the suggested radiator shop charges for repairing a heater core, and I would like to know where they are getting a copper replacement core. Any new heater core I've seen in the last 3-4 years have all been aluminum. Gene

When I had mine done they had a couple catalogs that they ordered the core itself from. I think one was spectra premium. It was for a full size GM and even with it I couldn't find a new one. Or at least the ones you could get as replacements didn't fit and another was the universal kind that you can rotate the connections to the way you need them.. Thanks but I don't have trust in that not leaking. I've seen that black rubber dry and crack within a year.

That shop is gone but at least we have one left around here that does that kind of service.