On the Seafoam, yes I know it works for cleaning injectors. Back in 04, I was driving a fuel injected 89 f150 that developed an intermittent miss. This went on for about 10,000 miles while I checked or replaced most of the ignition system components. It got worse and more consistent with time. So I started dumping sea foam in the tank at each fill. After 3 tanks, the miss was completely gone. I don't know how that can be snake oil?

On the Lucas, I sure will vouch for the transmission conditioner! One of our roofing trucks, an 89 Chev one ton SRW with a 350 that had about 200,000 miles on it was being used (abused?) one day by an employee, who was trying to make it back to the shop with a big load in the bed, and a big overloaded trailer, going into a 30 mph headwind. He walked the last 2 miles to shop and said the truck wouldn't go no more. When I got there, I could smell the burnt up tranny from 30 feet away. The motor ran, but the trans slipped so bad, it would barely move. We towed it back, and I drained and flushed the fluid/filter. Still had major slippage. Dumped in the Lucas, and it somehow, miraculously cured it. We used that truck for at least another few months before I sold it, and it never slipped again. I don't know how that can be snake oil?

On the J.C. Whitney Instant Engine Overhaul: back in 77, I had a 67 Cougar GT with a 390 that burned about a quart every 100 miles. Being young and full of hope and optimism, I spent $6.95 on the Instant Overhaul. Afterall, it had a 100% money back guarantee. The instructions said to dump the honey-like liquid into the crankcase, then bring the engine up to full operating temperature. Then while the engine was still hot, remove the spark plugs, put the overhaul pellets (like Jacks magic beanstalk beans) into the cylinders, replace the spark plugs, and start the engine to repair and coat the cylinder walls and rings with liquid molybdenum.
Well, if you've ever tried to to remove the spark plugs on a big bock, shock tower Ford, you can guess what happened. The motor was stone cold by the time I got all the plugs back in and started it, so the molybdenum didn't have a chance to coat the cylinders. I'm sure if I had been doing this in a 426 Hemi, it would have worked! I don't know how that can be snake oil? grin

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"