Originally Posted by Twostick
Originally Posted by furious70
Andy - in your opinion what is the right application these days for multiport injectoion, or have these TBI's advanced far enough that there's not much application except for max effort engines?

Port injection gives you better fuel control. Cylinders can be trimmed individually if you run sequential and because you are injecting right at the back of the intake valve, you no longer have to depend on airflow to deliver the fuel. How much better this all is I think is not so much measurable on a dyno as it is in drivability and efficiency. From an emissions standpoint it will run slightly cleaner and should depending on application burn less fuel, not enough less to pay for it in this lifetime but less.

Kevin

That is true from an OEM standpoint but I don't think it is true for cars that people on Moparts build. Typical engine built by a Moparts member is going to be a street car or a bracket car using 1970's technology. A throttle body setup like the Sniper works just fine in that case and is a very economical and fairly simple solution. The average Moparts member is not going to be able to take advantage of anything that multiport injection offers.

If you ask me to design an OEM system then sure, I'll pick multiport.