So I got a project underway that has been on the shelf for almost a decade. I bought a number of 1962 Polara 500 fiberglass hoods from WS Fiberglass when they were still in business. That ordeal is another story. On this street driven cruiser I always wanted a cold air intake, but wanted an efficient stealth look. So attached is my lost foam mockup underneath. A few years back I installed a new alum Rad, lowered it approx 2" and moved it back another 2". This allowed me to deepen the rad bulkhead and add intake air openings, I partitioned the air entering the grill between the radiator and these new openings. For a nearly finished pic of that aspect see pic #43 @ https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...-62-polara-500-cruiser.html#Post1554276.

On the underside of the hood I layered an 1/8" Foam layer first, since this is a Florida car and all my hoods are flat black, to gain a little thermal insulation from the sun, and since grafting onto existing FG can sometimes lead to visible distortion upon final resin cure. I will install rubber flaps on both ends to seal air flow. I'm doing the CF/Kevlar Layup today. I decided not to vac bag as I'm afraid it might distort hood for little gain.

I used hand layup with specific areas of added Kelvar.

Holes are for aerolatches, and small lift pulls/heat vents.

Foam Layup IMG_0256.JPGIMG_0278 CF layup.JPG

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.