Originally Posted by jeff968
Originally Posted by hemicar1971
Two different companies Plymouth and Dodge. Lots more differences in option and packages once one option is ordered. Take Rallye Dash on 1971 RT and a Rallye Dash on a 1971 Cuda, Dodge has it in the RT option and Plymouth has it as a separate option on their Cudas. Seen a lot of 1971 Challengers that were not RTs that had an N96 option on the Fender Tag, most I looked at were 1971 Challenger Convertibles but some were hard tops.

True,

But in 1970, they were in close alignment when it came to the Shaker option. It had to be a BS or a JS car to get one. The hemi cuda had the shaker standard, the hemi challenger optional shaker. Optional on all the others including the late availability with 340 and 383 cars.

But in 71 the shaker was made available to the JH line, but not the BH. Interesting.

I don't think they are as close aligned as you might think.

Plymouth appears to have been better at following the fresh air for all Hemi guideline than Dodge was. hemicudas got mandatory shaker hoods, Hemi Challengers did not. 'cudas could have red bubbles on red cars, Challengers could not (I understand that the promo car(s) may have had orange bubbles)

The shaker started out on Challenger as Hemi or Sixpack thing only, then added 383 and 440 4 barrel. However since it was an R/T only thing in 1970 it appears it was not available to the A66 Challenger 340. Where as you could get a 70 cuda 340 shaker.