73 truck with pretty much the same problem as in this thread:

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2588526/Searchpage/2/Main/214707/Words/%2Bblower+%2Bmotor/Search/true/blower-fuse-overheating.html#Post2588526

In doing some wiring repair on this truck under the dash, I ended up running new wire coming out of the steering column ignition harness; the black power wire had been way hot and brittled up both connectors. I ran the ignition harness blue wire (Accy) to a terminal stud up under my dash on the firewall. I then ran the blue wire from other side of this connector, which runs under the dash to a welded splice and then on to the fuse box for Accessories, to this new terminal stud.

My problem; at the fuse box location for fuse/power to the blower switch, I had already replaced the toasty end fuse holder/clip with one out of another harness that was in a little better shape, and it's held up, but with the plastic melted away, I'm a little worried about it vibrating loose and heating up worse. Any reason I could not safely run this power wire for the blower switch to my new terminal stud for Accy power, putting a 20A inline fuse in between the stud and the switch?

Thanks,

Joe