Originally Posted by lilcuda
After having been without a Mopar for about 2 1/2 years, I now am the proud owner of a 1967 Belvedere II 383 4 speed. I sold the '68 Valiant (formerly Tim Werner's car) back in November 2016 and had my sights set on finding a '68 or '69 Barracuda 340 4 speed car. The Barracuda market is insane and finding a decent 340 4 speed car proved to be difficult, so I opened up my options to '66 or '67 Plymouth B bodies, which I have long admired. I found this car on a Facebook Belvedere/GTX group. The guy had purchased it recently and posted a pic. I asked if it was for sale. He said yes and gave me a price. We talked and exchange texts and I decided to try to find someone local to the car (it was in PA) to check it out for me. I got a couple of people who offered to look at it for me and a guy on another Mopar forum offered to look at it for me since he has family in the area the car was located. Long story short, he ended being a flake and while trying to juggle his schedule and the seller's, the seller changed his mind. The seller told me he wanted to keep it to enjoy through the summer, but would keep my contact info and he would give me first dibs if/when he decided to sell it. This was at the end of April. A month later, he texts me telling me it's going on the market if I'm still interested. I told him yes and arranged to have a professional appraiser/car inspector look at it. Once I got his report, I pulled the trigger. It took over two months to get a transport company that I trusted to haul it for me. Let's just say that Intercity Lines is great if you're Jay Leno or Wayne Carini. If you're a small-time guy, well, don't hold your breath. I found a father/son team that did a great job for me.

Anyway, on to the car! It's a 383, 4 speed, 3.23 sure-grip, manual steering, manual drum brakes. The car was marketed to me as a survivor and in many ways, I think it is, although I am no expert. It is very well documented and seems very original, but has had some things done to it, such as newer gas tank, electronic ignition and I think the front carpet may have been replaced. I also think some of the car has been repainted, possibly the front clip. I have the original window sticker, Certicard, Owner's Manual, the original handwritten car order and Certificate of Title. It was purchased at Men-Guer Chrysler-Plymouth in Struthers, OH in May 1967. Other documents include timeslips from York Dragway and Sunset Drag Strip. There is also a Class Winner badge from 1968 that came with it. Not sure which dragstrip. though.

It was apparently in storage owned by the same family for a long time. It was sold in early 2017, then auctioned at Spring Carlisle 2017.

I'm looking for the build sheet. It's not under the back seat. I did find a strange section of multi-colored wire and the rear seat belts were taped up and hidden under the back seat.

Here are some pics.

Thats a really good looking car.

Mind if I ask who you had transport it across country. pm me if you prefer