Originally Posted by Old Ray
Originally Posted by 57Plymouth
I have a 59 Savoy parts car that I bought for the roof panel, but I may just use that frame as the donor for the rear half to put under my 57 body. Thoughts?

Gene knows, really knows, about these thing.

I don't so: Are the '57 and '59 frame interchangeable, is the '57 frame damaged or just want to use the rear part of '59 rather than cutting the '57 frame?

If the frames are the same I would transplant a Dakota stub frame on to the '59 frame and then install it under the '57.

I hope that some of the info in the links have been beneficial. My '56 with Dakota and FI 318.

[Linked Image]

There are probably a lot more here that know the 57-59 cars better then me. I may have a heads up on the 88-96 Dakotas though.

I believe the 57 and the 59 model years use the same frame (same wheelbase) on both the Dodge and the Plymouth cars with the exception of all the wagons, they are listed with a slightly longer wheel base. The 1957s were all new bodies, and the 1960s were all new bodies, so one might think some parts could interchange between the Dodge and the Plymouth.

As far as the swapping the frame between the two cars listed above, I see little advantage unless one frame is in questionable condition, or the intent is to add a Dakota clip to the frame then swap the completed frame under the car. Before I would do that, I would see if I could get some frame dimensions for both frames and be sure they will swap with each other.

I might make a note that if either 57-59 car has power steering, the steering box is a 3 year only fit and someone may need a steering box. Gene