I help a couple who raced a 1971 Challenger 340 Tthermoquad in NHRA F&ES/A, I built and dyno tested a new motor for them and freshen their original motor. I tested three different camshafts in their original motor and found that the two Isky round nose Stocker cams, one ground on 107LSA and the other ground on 105 LSA made more peak power than the Lunati pointed nose (conventional looking lobe) stocker cam I ended up using in their best race motor. The 105 LSA Isky cam installed with 5 degrees advance made 430 HP at 5900 RPM but the HP graph looked like a inverted V with it being very peaky. The Isky 107 made 420 advance with the same peaky looking graph. The Lunati made 420 HP at 5800 RPM but it made 400 HP at 5000 RPM and made 400 HP at 7000 RPM also , it had a very flat HP curve so I left it in the motor and when Linda made her first pass with that motor she jumped out of the car after the first run ands ask me what did you do to my car, it has never pulled like it just did, it had ran 3 MPH faster than it had run on its best run before boogie work She would normally shift it at 6400 RPM to get the best ET and MPH with the Isky 105 cam, after changing her shift points to 7000 RPM the car picked up both ET and MPH up
Testing pays off wrench

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 12/05/19 01:45 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)