I have a 360 Mag in my Durango, am looking for "just a little bit more" out of. I have acquired a set of MP 1.7 roller rockers for a Magnum engine, stock is 1.6.
From all accounts, I have to do something with my valve covers, as the 1.7s will hit the bottom side with just stock valve covers.
I have heard to remove baffle, (don't want to, because I don't want to turn it into an oil burner)
or to take a 2x4 and hammer and flatten baffle somewhat, then it takes forever to pour oil in-- and no guidance on "how far" to flatten baffle;
or to find and install MP valve covers as they are a bit taller..... this isn't a show vehicle, and sellers of those are wanting "out of their mind" prices these days, from what I see available

Recently I saw something on Ebay that gave me an idea.... it would mean using 2 sets of vc gaskets but I have those here. someone is selling spacers to raise your VC 3/8", 1/2". 3/4" I think highest he had were 1"/ not saying Id buy them, looks like something that I could possibly make.... just an off the wall idea..... I'm thinking that raising the stock VCs (of which I have a few extra sets floating around) 1/4-3/8" might be just the ticket.
Just how much more clearance would be needed for 1,7 rocker arms, vs stock 1.6s? Yes I do have the pushrods and guide plates to complement the setup. engine is otherwise completely stock, other than (unmodified) EQ heads. stock size valves, not the 2.02s.....