I thought I should give an update as to what I found..

I called and spoke with Jeff Johnson asking about the quality of his valve covers... The main point of interest is 1/2" rails, where most of the others are 3/8". I asked about clearancing the rails to fit over the T&D rockers and still being able to use studs instead of bolts to hold the cover down... his answer was straight up NO... you can not use studs with his covers.. I then asked about cutting a groove for an O-ring seal, his answer again was NO... I then asked about lead time and cost and that persuaded me to look elsewhere.

I then called Williams Performance as asked about their covers... 3/8" rail and they are willing to clearance the inside of the rail to the maximum they feel comfortable with... which is .100" Then asked about lead time and cost... They can make the covers next day and the cost was almost 1/3 of the Johnson brand covers... So I ordered a new pair.

These are the same exact valve covers I've used on my B1-O heads, so I know the quality is very decent, they look pretty and now they are new..

Hope this helps anyone in the future that is looking for new valve covers.