Originally Posted by RustyM
Agreed Andy: I would purchase 2 units this week if they were good blocks at that price or, even close to that price.
Here are my hopes on this:
1. they do start making mopar big blocks.
2. that you can get one to build/test.
3. that the units are quality and they offer water jacket block good for 1000+ hp as well as a race only block good for big numbers.
4. common big block issues/solutions are addressed.
5. blocks come finished as standard, raw by order.

We have certainly gone pretty deep into the age of high hp being the new norm.
I can remember when 700 was very high, then 1000 etc- now we have that from the factory of with fine tuning factory offers.
With the ignition controls, fuel controls we have today, it would be really nice to have high and low deck blocks capable of over 1000 hp that don't break the bank , that are readily available.

At any point I would think a race" block would be way down the bottom of choice for someone like edelbrock to produce . Don't forget they will need to warranty them . These blocks , chev . are NOT race blocks . They are replacement blocks with basic upgrades . You want race go specialty , aluminium and wait . as has been pointed out before . Smallest market don't spread the wants too thin . Factory 1000hp seems to be power adder . An up to date World/Mega type block will cover what ? 80% or more of people ?

Tex

Last edited by tex013; 11/14/19 04:54 PM.

New best ET 10.259@129.65 .
New best MPH 130.32
Finally fitted a solid cam,
stepped it up a bit more
3690lbs through the mufflers
New World block 3780lbs 10.278@130.80 . Wowser 10.253@130.24 footbraking from 1500rpm
Power by Tex's Automotive