The fish scales I know of work in tension (one end is held in the hand, the other end has the fish hung from it. Won't work in compression between my foot and the pedal.

I heard back from Brewer's already up He says the CF702 is 6.5" from hole to pivot, 3.25" from pivot to pads, so a 2:1 fork ratio and 250 lbs force.

That means something is wrong if it still drags - because the throwout bearing only has to depress the fingers 3/8" per Centerforce to disengage, which means 3/4" at the original fork hole. As noted, I have at least that much travel. And there is very little free play, just enough to keep the TB off the fingers. No huge slop in my linkage and I am fairly sure I got the air bubble out. Maybe not.
I'll be home this weekend and can mess with it some more... including starting the engine this time wink

Good point on the reviews. The Wilwood can also use silicone DOT 5 fluid (I asked them), whereas I found out the hard way that the Howe seals don't handle it. And Howe hammered me on shipping too, $17 postage for a UPS box with two thumb-sized O-rings in it down