I have been trying to install a dipstick tube (chrome) in my 400 and it is giving me grief. When I first discovered that it wasn't going to go in the hole without a fight I looked up the topic here and found a previous thread in the subject. It was said that the chrome tubes need to be sanded in order to remove some of the chrome to get them to go in the hole. So, I sanded it and tried getting it in the hole probably a half dozen times to no avail. The previous thread also suggested freezing it first. I tried this, again to no avail. So I went back to sanding and eventually I got it to where it started going in the hole. So I put an open end wrench over the flange at the bottom of the tube and tried tapping it in. It started to go in but only went in so far and now won't go any further. There is about 1/2" of tube below the flange left but the hole in the mounting bracket is about 3/4" off from lining up with the motor mount boss. So I don't know what the deal is. I don't know if I can get it back out now to try and sand it some more but the fact that it doesn't look like the bracket is going to line up with the boss has me more concerned. Suggestions?