Originally Posted by DrCharles
Thanks for the info. Yes, radials all round. The 1.03 seemed to be a good compromise between "mushy" front end and too-stiff for the street.

Darts with big-blocks in the nose are not generally known for superb handling or oversteer smile It was even worse when I had an A-body with an iron 440 and a 6-71 blower whistling
I'm primarily interested in going fast in a straight line anyway (295/50-15's out back).

I know that increased caster provides high speed stability with increased steering effort. But just how much of an increase?
If going from, say, +4 to +6 caster, does the effort rise by 5%? 10%? 25%? shruggy

I've also read that too much caster can be a bad thing since the camber in turns becomes severe and limits the contact patch (tire rides on one edge).
Presumably the tubular arms are made with +4 for a reason...

With 4* caster you may have to be disciplined with your hands when turning the wheel. The steering wheel can easily snap back to the straight position if you let go at the wrong moment/situation.

I don't know that you find any noticble increase in stability on the highway.
The higher positive caster is useful in adding negative camber during a turn where the chassis is rolling. For this the tires need to be sticking.
Which leads to your last questions - the caster and camber need to match the tires, road condition as well as the suspension.
Since you're not road racing, autocrossing or such, just keep everything moderate.