Now I need to find out where a significant oil leak at the rear of the engine is coming from.
Hughes stud girdle, windage tray and Milodon pan. Lakewood with block plate.
K-frame is off, as noted in the thread about steering box removal. Easy access. Waiting for new T-bars anyway.

The block plate for the Lakewood has three 1" holes in the front, below the pan, and there does not seem to be any oil in there on the engine side of the flywheel.
Could be: between the block and girdle; girdle and windage tray; windage tray and pan; rear main seal holder sides; rear main seal.
What's odd is that oil drops also collect on the heads of the two bolts (the rest are studs), and I can see light reflect off some oil at the line between the stud girdle and the block plate.

It'd be easy to drop the pan and windage tray without the K in the way, so I'll probably do that.
The rear main seal can't be seen with the girdle on, but removing the stud girdle won't be fun lying underneath it since all the shim packs will want to fall off...

Also: I have a lot of oil in my MP valve covers (think I may need to restrict it since the cam has a groove in the journal). There may have been oil leaking from the rear of the right valve cover and tracking down along the block. Fresh clean oil is hard to see... I have removed and re-did both valve cover gaskets.

Now to start up the beast in the garage and let it run for a few minutes. Hoping to see where fresh oil (if any) is still coming from. Crossing fingers it was that valve cover, but I never get that lucky... luck

Any thoughts?