I have used the ATI treemaster 8" and now a 9.5" - the 8" converter seems to be going the way of the dodo bird pretty quick due to the availability and supply of new cores. The new converter of choice seems to be the 9.5" and is much more durable piece when the HP goes above 800. I also have used a local company called Perfect Converter with some very good results - its nice to be able to drop a converter talk with the owner of the company about it - have them make an adjustment and get it back in a couple of days . A strip/street converter is really a compromise on both ends of the spectrum as you tend to go with a lower stall to accommodate the street behavior. General I have found good results matching the stall with the peak torque of the motor as a base starting point - right now I have the converter at 200 rpm above peak torque and the car really picked up in the sixty - I may try more stall next year. The other side of the equation is efficiency at top end and for me it seems the sweet spot for the converters I use is about 1000 - 1500 above the stall before it becomes less efficient and MPH falls off. Chasing the ideal converter is never ending - I have watched Marco Abruzzi test 5-10 converters in his dragster in a single day in order to find the right one - I am not that ambitious !