Is my process overkill, yes, is the part a non redundant potentially catastrophic suspension part of the chassis, yes, and to think I resisted additional cyro treatment because I thought that would be a bit much. laugh2

Maybe I was exaggerating a bake cycle "blowing off" a plating. Maybe a better description would be the final finish would lose luster and the plater doesn't want to hear complaints about finish color/sheen. Yes the part expectedly trapped one or part of all the solutions after the baking process, leading to the corrosion noticed after time. And yes, I am certain I am not 100% knowledgeable on this process, and why I am here. up

Now that I think about it, not sure the 375F? is critical, as maybe a bake cycle at say 250F but for a much longer time might achieve the same beneficial results with no degrading of the final plating. But because of cost/time, the plater may elect for the higher temps to get product out the door. I don't know.
On the chrome plating, I was also under impression another chrome plate downside was, it had the potential to also "cover" initially developing fatigue cracks.

Last edited by jcc; 10/05/19 10:31 AM.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.