Gold66, I remember the year you drove down, gorgeous car. Glad you had a great time. I've done trips like that and logged 7,700 miles in a 69 Dart around the U.S. in one trip. GREAT TIMES. We have a crew that makes it down every spring from Toronto...although they fly in and rent a car.

JCC, I think there is generally a "no passenger" rule, but Tims track day, Tim makes the rules. Might want to shoot him an email, There are free laps at lunch passengers included - any car welcome!!!!. As far as weather - it always seems to be a bit windy at the track. The track is high desert so generally mild days, and cold nights this time of year. Last year temps were down in the high 20's overnight as I drove Tims dart from LA to the track....with no heat...no windows....but that's how great stories are written....I would do it again and again.

Jim I can understand about the car. My brother will have his cobra on track and his girlfriend will be tracking his M3 competition coupe. Always a good mix of cars. It's great that we can do this event and there are plenty that come out just as spectators to see the great vintage cars mix it up on track.

While not an actual race, those of us that take our cars, do push them 100%, and I have complete confidence in my track partners. Some of our ancient Mopars hit 140's to 150's on the front straight...All...Day...Long.

For those that cannot make it, I'll post some links to youtube videos once the dust settles and I come down from the adrenaline high.

68 AMX mopars red headed stepchild
69 Dart GT Convertible 340 4 speed
71 Challenger - looks like the avatar!