I haven't figured out the fluid capacity question for NAG1 behind 2010 Police 5.7.

The latest thing I saw was a chart that indicates fluid level reading depends on trans fluid temperature. I don't have a dipstick, so I've just pulled into dealership periodically, and they check for free. Now that I see the temp chart, I'm not recalling them ever checking the trans fluid temp. They just plunge the dipstick in, and check level the old fashioned way. I want to have my old school mechanic pull the pan, change the filter, and refill, but I don't know if he can. I guess I'd have to buy a dipstick at the very least? And then just refill to "cold capacity"?

Any guidance?

P.S. Once years ago, driving a 2010 Police Charger 5.7, they had the trans serviced, and the first time I went wide open throttle afterwards, I noticed smoke from the engine compartment. I shut the engine down immediately and coasted off the road. It was from trans fluid spewing out of the trans vent under hood and burning off. What a mess!!! I assume they had overfilled the trans after servicing. I don't want that on this car!

Last edited by larrymopar360; 09/29/19 11:33 AM.

Facts are stubborn things.