I just put new clutches and steels in my 904, I also upgraded the band strut and put an old A-1 trans brake valve body in(old but new in box). Now this was my first time to dig all the way into a transmission, so keep that in mind.

I have not driven the car, just run it on stands. I also have the trans brake wired up temporarily because I was running out time. 1st engages good, it hits 2nd hard on the stand. The high gear shift doesn't bang but it goes into high gear well, it will also overpower the brakes in high gear. The trans brake works under light throttle and me holding two wires together lol. Reverse works but it never really thumps into gear and from what I can tell it probably wouldn't pull the car on the ground.

First thing I am going to check is the low reverse band adjustment, I honestly don't recall setting it but I know I did the 2nd gear band. I guess if I get the pan off and the low reverse band is adjusted properly the next step is to swap my old trusty Turbo Action Valve body in.

Thoughts?

EDIT-Yes I am engaging the brake for reverse, I forgot to mention that originally.

Last edited by Bad340fish; 09/28/19 10:27 PM.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340