Originally Posted by Stanton
Originally Posted by jcc
Always felt the unmentioned most important feature of LED lights is their reflector design/focus as it relates/interacts to the LED light source..Not convinced many of the smaller manufacturers have the skill//desire to fully develop all the details needed for a useful effective driving light.In the many offered LED's today, They may be bright, use less power, look cool, but seems like a gamble when choosing if the light is actually going where it is supposed to, efficiently.

Versus bulbs designed in the 30's and used till the 80's !! I'm willing to gamble ... how much worse can they be ?!?!?

You missed the point, .I've used "Grote" LED 5x7's for example on my trucks, they have incredible beam control, high and Lo, besides the other pluses I already mentioned. Other off brands seem to have rather obvious different LED /reflector/layouts. hard to believe all LED designs are equal in performance. and I was not trying to compare LED to the older sealed beam Halogens.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.