Originally Posted by BIGGERED
This is cut and pasted from Facebook so I am uncertain of the accuracy but I have verified the existence of a sable brown Warlock. Used to be shown at the CNY Mopar Assoc show on Onondaga Lake in NY. May still be.

Quoting Mike D’Angiolillo from Facebook

“Before you read below please understand that a Warlock truck is nothing more than a base utiline SWB truck with a specific trim package and available options from Dodge. Dodge cannot post Warlock production numbers because of this trim package which they did not track. Therefore, the VIN is useless in determining if this is a Warlock or not. I explain below on what makes up a Warlock truck. It’s not all inclusive but will stand the test for accuracy and correctness. Since 1976, whe I bought my first Warlock, I have heard every Warlock myth about available colors, being only 4X4, production numbers, how many came with this engine, etc. Any one who says they have a number X out of Y with any option package is pulling your leg. They just want to sell the truck and blow smoke. There are NO PRODUCTION NUMBERS for Warlock trucks. NONE!!!!!

The factory codes for 76-79 Warlock trucks are: For 76/77&78 the body package Warlock code will be shown as GK9601. The 79 Warlock II codes are GK9724 & GK9725 2WD and GK9726 4WD. A basic Warlock includes the following initial options: D100 (2WD) or W150 (4WD) with 115" wheel base, red oak wood (utiline) (stepside) body bed rails, chrome plated bed steps and painted road wheels (usually gold PPG 2738 or Chrysler DT6490), 15x7" front and rear H70x15 raised white letter tires, convenience package required, power front disc brakes front / drum rear, front anti-sway bar (not always), special gold accent tape, special tailgate decals (78/79), 5000 GVW pkg, oil pressure gauge, 15" steering Tuff wheel (1976/77/78 and early 79), 15" steering wheel SPORT (late 1979) and black bucket seats with center buddy seat (KB5). The Warlock basic code is shown on the Equipment Identification Decal which is located under the hood on the driver side. Paint codes for 1976 to 1979 are: Chrysler J3 7858-Citron Green, 3450 Med Canyon Red, Chrysler R7 3441, Canyon Red Sunfire Metallic, Chrysler SG8 7883 Teal Green Sunfire Metallic, Chrysler SL3 5233 Sunburst Orange, 3435 Sable Brown Sunfire Metallic, Chrysler X9/TX9 4004 Black/Formal Black, PX8/PY 4009 Sunfire Black Metallic. There is some thought on one more color called Russet Sunfire metallic being another color but I havent been able to confirm that. The 76/77 Warlock tail gate will only have a 'Dodge' decal in Hemi Font, the 78 will have 'Warlock by Dodge' on the tail gate and the 79 will have Warlock II on the tail gate. Warlocks also had all of the truck engine options offered from the slant 6 all the way to the big 440. Sometime in mid 1978 the 440 was discontinued and the 400 took its place as an engine option. There are many other option codes depending on how many accessories each truck was made with. Hopefully this will help you determine if you have the real deal. But remember this. The Warlock is essentially just a trim package so any one could make a D100 (2WD) or a W150 (4WD) into a Warlock by installing the necessary stripes, paint, wheels and interior. I am in the process of restoring a 77 Warlock (my second Warlock) and it's a good looking truck no matter if it came from the factory or it was made by an individual. Good luck.”

A lot of good info but the factory code for my 1976 Warlock appears to be different than what is posted above.

76C0F933-CA31-41FE-8D2D-8765415979FF.png
Last edited by MuscleMopars; 09/18/19 11:37 PM.

Thanks,
Eric
email eric@musclemopars.com
715-426-HEMI (Shop)
612-669-CARS (Cell and Texts)

Go to my Moparts "Profile" to see my web site