The trans is out and I already have the Munroe book.

My original plan:

1. Change from my current Turbo Action FMVB (no LBA) to the CRT RMVB (LBA) I purchased last year; I need to add 3 springs to the front clutch pack per John C; also need to put a Shift-R-Gate in my Slap-Stik shifter for the RMVB

2. The front clutch pack clearance from when Jim built the trans is on the loose side for what John likes to see, but said it would probably be close enough to use; still, if it's apart and can be tightened up a bit (not that I have -- or know what specific -- parts are required to do this), this would be the time

3. If the guts have to come out of the trans, I might want to replace the used low/reverse band that Jim & I decided to put in when he went through the trans for me; we got caught w/o a new one not expecting my old aftermarket one to need replacement, and Jim dug out an "OK" condition used band OEM for the sake of getting it back together while I was there

OR, the Quick-N-Dirty approach:

1. Pull the Turbo Action VB

2. Put in a front clutch passage restrictor to tame the 2-3 shift at part-throttle/lower RPM

3. Put the Turbo Action VB back in and be done w/ the trans "for now"

I know how things go w/ me... if I take the Quick-N-Dirty approach, "for now" means the trans won't come back out for the other upgrades until it either starts slipping from normal(?) wear & tear or I damage something and am forced to pull it back out of the car.

Deci$ion$, deci$ion$...