Originally Posted by DaveRS23
I think that this is important info that should be shared here so I'll try again. If this is not an appropriate way, please let me know how to properly share this.

Stopping Aftermarket Defeat Devices for Vehicles and Engines – This NCI will focus on stopping the manufacture, sale, and installation of aftermarket defeat devices on vehicles and engines used on public roads as well as on nonroad vehicles and engines. Illegally-modified vehicles and engines contribute substantial excess pollution that harms public health and impedes efforts by the EPA, tribes, states and local agencies to plan for and attain air quality standards.

https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/ep...ies-enforcement-and-compliance-assurance

Your highlighted statement above is so IMO, intentionally vague and broad, one could drive a Supertanker thru it, which I suspect is intended to give the "crisis" maximum enforcement longevity..
For example using ANY non OEM tire size on an emission controlled vehicle could alter its emissions and be illegal..

I think many of us thought wrongly, of expecting recently a course correction on matters like this, but it seems that attention was more directed at other wealthier prospects, rather then us hot rod hobbyists..

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.