Stanton has a good suggestion. He's right that it is impossible to get all the spot welds completely cut, so a good amount of chiseling is necessary. I use a flat chisel blade in an air hammer that is turned down very low. Much faster (and easier) than hand hammering.

Another good reason to use the drill bit type of cutter is because they don't leave the center of the weld that has to be ground down. I can cut several panels out with just 2 bits, an 8mm and a 10mm. With the Blair toothed cutters, I would have went through quite a few of their bits. If you break even one tooth, it makes it very difficult to keep it in the cut. And it does help to pre-drill a pilot dimple for the pilot with the Blairs, but that is just more wasted time vs the drill bit style. With some odd shaped spot welds, it is still best to drill a pilot dimple even with the drill bit type. But it is only on the occasional odd spot, not every one.

When I first started pulling panels, I used the Blairs and a hand chisel. Now, with the drill bit style and the air hammer, I can pull a panel cleaner and much quicker and with less effort.

I haven't tried the split bits mentioned above. Are they hard to start and hold in the exact spot they need to be to get the most spot weld cut?

Master, again and still