Originally Posted by ogopogo
Just took my roller rockers off for inspection,comp 1621's and all the arms and shafts are galled,this is an early set non bushed.whats my best option for replacement of these on a mild street engine / eddy heads and hyd flat tappet cam.......

the arms arent bad but the shafts are bad,can I just swap in stock oem replacement or other replacement shafts to keep this thing running at least for now?

I'd hone the rockers and make sure on the new shafts there is a banana groove across the oil hole. They hydraulic lifter never lets the rocker get away from the shaft (no lash) and it will gall every time without the groove.

Also, keep your idle oil pressure up. I've seen so much damage from low oil pressure at idle it's not funny. If you have 20 pounds hot idle pressure (for example) you may have zero or close to it at the rocker shaft. Slow idle speeds also hurt stuff like that. A stock engine back in the day idled at 750 or so. And that was with OE springs and really soft lobes. Using a hydraulic roller loads the shafts much more than OE. So oil pressure and flow is a big deal, as is idle speed.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston