No vibration, and no tire shake. I didn't have 1 crack for the last 3 years. Then this last winter we freshened up the motor, adding a little more power. I removed a flex plate that was in for 3 years, was still good, and installed a new flex plate with newer SFI numbers.

When I used the B&M flex plates, they would crack from the torque converter bolt holes out. There is only about 1/8" of metal from the torque converter holes to the outside edge. They always cracked there. I would get a rattle when you shut the car off. No rattle when shutting of with this cracked flex plate..

The Mopar performance Flex plats have more material from the torque converter bolt holes to the edge of flex plate. This is the 1st Mopar performance flex plate that I had crack. Now they quit making the mopar performance 8 bolt flex plates, about 2 years ago. I put around 130 passes on this fresh engine and flex plate this year.

I did have the engine kick back a few times when going to start it the last few weeks. I think that was when it cracked. I have the timing locked out at 36*. I get engine spinning 1st and then flip the ignition toggle switch ON. I even installed a MSD starter saver , that is suppose to pull 10* of timing out under 800 rpm to help with kick back. Doesn't help, I even cut the wire so it will retard timing 20 *.

Are the Mazeire 8 bolt billet flex plates any good?? They are expensive enough....

548 cu. in., Bill Mitchell Aluminum Block, CRT 727 auto trans, Alston Chassis. 8.981et at 149.46 mph. 1.204et - 60 foot, So Far....