I haven't look into any of the current manual tranny with over drives for a street and strip car, are the six speeds the way to go or are there any 5 speeds that are as good or better help
I like stick shifts and have several NP833 standard 23 splines as well as several NP O.D. but they(the NP833 O.D.) scare me due to the size of the gears inside shock
I'm going to build one more street and strip car that will have a Dana 60 with 3.73 gears in it so having a O.D in high gear or even two O.D. gears may be nice for longer trips, what say you guys using them work
I've always ben a drag race guy so hard street driving in a manual tranny street car is some thing I need all the help I can get on buying the best parts I can get on this build help
Thanks in advance,Cab
EDITED: I should have mention this tranny only needs to hold up to around 700 to 750 HP at 6500+ RPM with half way sticky street tires.
I ended up using a NP833 in my current street car build, I'm going to sell this one as a street car and distant driver, not for strip use.
Thanks for all the help and info sharing up

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 10/13/19 03:21 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)