Originally Posted by Dragula
How do you get one with nice thick sleeves......

Been wanting to go back to aluminum, and it seems the Indy is the only game in town......This was our complaint. Our block, as received at 4.490 bore had .011 taper and .008 out of round.

That block was the worst machining.....Some of us are not made of money, nor do we like to sit out season after season.

I have called to get a KB time and time again.....They have nothing....nothing in stock, no timing, no status.....nothing.

I would never go that thin with a big arm in it. Ours scuffed out the thrust side of the cylinder wall cross hatch with a 4.75 arm in it...The pistons are so short they shingle in the bore and rub out the cross hatch. If you go thin, keep a shorter arm in it so the piston skirts are longer.

Machining has to be dead nuts with .002 clearance in an aluminum motor......Our CI block, no issues, had it apart a couple times now for other reasons. Bores are gorgeous. But you can't get a CI block.....

Yes I know, I bought this world products block 10 years ago and its been a good one. So I had to fix it, as you say nothing to replace it with. I called world products and they said sometime this summer they were planning to start making blocks again, and wanted $500.00 to reserve your spot when they start making them again, and at over $6,000.00 I just decided to spend a couple grand fixing mine.