Hi,

I'm in the process of installing an Aeromotive Stealth tank in my Cuda (P/N 18143). Because the new tank has a high flow internal electric pump, I also need to install 3/8 inch supply/return lines for the bypass pressure regulator.

My question has to do with the routing of the supply/return lines. The stock lines have a lot of sharp bends, especially where they go around the passenger side leaf spring mount. That area seems to be the most difficult spot to route the lines around.

So instead of routing the lines on the outside of the frame rail and around the leaf spring mount, I thought about running the lines along the inside of the frame rail. The lines would be closer to the exhaust, but there would less sharp bends. If I keep the lines tucked up tight close to the floor, I would have around 3.75 inches of clearance between the muffler and the lines. If I wrap the lines in heat sleeve, would that be enough clearance? I'm hoping that someone might chime in with some insights.

See attached pic so that you can see what I'm talking about. I want to tuck the lines up close to where the frame rail is spot welded to the floor pan. The heat sleeve that I'm looking at is rated to 1200F, so I'm not worried about anything burning, just concerned about excessive heat for the lines possibly causing vapor lock.

Thanks

IMG_0194.JPG